Monday, October 03, 2016

My autumn/fall essentials

Hi loves,

After a long, awesome summer the weather has cooled down and the leaves have started falling. It is autumn/fall! Personally, I really love the coziness fall represents and sitting inside with some nice candles and a cup of tea. However, I hate fall if I have to go out. I literally despise it so much! Getting drowned in the rain just is not my thing. So here are some necessities to have an awesome time building up to Christmas and new year!

1. Candles, candles candles. Girl, you need candles. They're perfect to give your room a nice glow while the days get darker and they can even be scented very nicely too! But if candles aren't your thing, fairy lights work just as well! Just light up your room ♥

2. waterproof clothing. Now, I know; they are not fashionable at all, look rather stupid and we all hate them equally as much. But especially in climates where it rains a lot, you'll need them. Just invest in some good clothing to stay dry, they don't need to be pretty, just practical. Nothing is worse than getting completely soaked in the morning and being in wet clothes all day. Don't get sick loves, just wear your maybe-not-so-awesome-raining jacket :)

3. Warm drinks. It can be tea, coffee, hot chocolate, anything. Just find something you really enjoy to warm up again in case it gets real cold or you forgot your rain jacket... ;)

4. Books! It might not be for everyone but I really enjoy a good book in the darker days. I love snuggling up with a cup of tea to read a novel and immerse myself in it. Some of my recommendations are: a court of thorns and roses, the lunar chronicles, never let me go, thirteen reasons why, and finally, the book thief.

5. A thoroughly cleaned room. When fall arrives I really like to clean out all the cabinets and closets in my room. Take out the old stuff, clean the shelves, dust off everything. Having a clean room makes being inside a lot more enjoyable as you don't have to look at junk the entire time. (And you'll be ready to decorate for Christmas...)

6. My last fall essential is a notebook. Because of the rainy days, I'm inside a lot more and so I have more time to think about all kinds of stuff, so I like to have a notebook by my side to write my ideas down. This is something I really enjoy personally, but you don't have to. Maybe you just like to think about stuff and forget it again.

Xoxo
Malin



No comments:

Post a Comment